Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate physical therapy care to the following: Neonate, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
- Maintains current knowledge of standard physical therapy practices for various patient populations.
- Provides competent services including treatment. Performs subjective and objective evaluation according to diagnosis, past history, and physician referral while developing a plan of care with appropriate goals and objectives based on patient evaluation. Effectively maintains established department/service line productivity standards.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for each patient in a complete, thorough, and timely manner in accordance with regulatory, facility, and department requirements. May assist in preparing patient billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Appropriately communicates with patients, families, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff regarding patient's needs, abilities, and goals. Ensures smooth facility and department operations. Effectively utilizes rehabilitation services with optimum patient care and response.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care and education for assigned patients including supervision of all services provided by physical therapy assistants, aides, office staff, and students; ensures consistent high-quality patient care.
- Current state Physical Therapist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.