Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree Completion of a Physical Therapy program Required.
- 1 year of experience preferred.
- PT - Physical Therapist Texas Physical Therapy License Upon Hire Required.
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly Required.
What You Will Do:
- Performs age appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care.
- Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness.
- Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family.
- Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment.
- Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s).
- Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family.
- Sets appropriate, measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences.
- Determines plan for care, and/or appropriate therapeutic interventions to achieve stated goals.
- Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition.