This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position.
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients;
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function;
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes;
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care;
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care.
- Physical Therapist provides care to patients based on the application of scientific physical therapy principles. Responsibilities of the Physical Therapist include (but are not limited to):
- Administers: Gait training, active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, Instructs, motivates and assists patients to learn and improve functional activity, such as pre-ambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients’ responses to treatments and progress.
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers and wheelchairs.
- Documents and charges for treatments rendered.
- Participates in all assigned daily, monthly, quarterly inpatient committee meetings.