The staff PT is directly responsible to the Supervisor/Director. He/She has the responsibility for overall direction, utilization, supervision, instruction and evaluation of professional and supportive staff, volunteer and students in their area of the physical therapy facility.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of PT with a preferred minimum of 2 years department/facility experience.
- Must have, or be eligible for state licensure or registration. Registration must be obtained within on year, or per state law.
- Must know the principles and practice of PT, be familiar with the APTA Code of Ethics, company polices, procedures and regulations, layout of the facility, inter and intra facility communications, supervision and management techniques.
- Must be able to apply the theory of PT.
- Must have ability and competency to operate the equipment of his or her position, perform technical procedures, speak intelligently and in a professional manner before other, supervision and management skills.
- Must be able to instill confidence in patients, doctors and personnel.
- Must be able to determine proper procedure and methods and evaluate results, must make decisions on his or her own.
- Must be able to adapt to emergency situation.
- Must be alert to changes in the patient’s condition and all activities of the facility and company.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy in carrying out prescription, in receiving and translating information and in charting and reporting.
- Must have coordination of sight and body movements in various applications of procedures; techniques of assisting and handling patients; ability to handle the tools and machines of the profession..
- Must be a graduate of, or have a certificate from, and American Physical Therapy Association approved school of PT; or a school approved by the World Congress of PT.
- Must have current state licensure/registration.
- Must have CPR certification.
- Must have continuing or post-graduate education consistent with the scope and needs of the major patient population of the facility.