This position offers a $7500 Welcome Bonus.
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do. We offer a unique employment package that includes:
- Unprecedented opportunities for career growth.
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
- Flexible full-time, part-time and PRN positions.
As a Full Time Physical Therapist Case Manager, you will:
- Plans and administers prescribed skilled physical therapy treatment and training for patients suffering from various injuries, illnesses and functional disabilities to attain highest level of physical function.
- Ensures compliance with the State Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations, and Gentiva Health Services policies and procedures.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Tests/screens the patient’s physical strengths to assist the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function and records findings to develop or pursue treatment programs and establish measurable training objectives (>50% direct patient care).
- Develops/implements a conditioning/rehabilitation program consistent with physician’s Plan of Treatment and the overall goals of the patient/rehab team. Adjusts treatment as needed to achieve maximum results.
- Coordinates/oversees/supervises/instructs and evaluates Physical Therapy Assistants’ performance in implementing physical therapy services. Trains Physical Therapy Assistants to implement treatment protocols and collect data on patient progress as permitted by policy and regulation.
- Provides Physical Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aide staff with written instructions/care plan that reflects current plan of care as related to therapy, supervises/evaluates staffs' performance. Monitors the appropriate completion of documentation by physical therapy assistants and home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Confers with physician and other team members to obtain additional patient information, assists in developing, implementing and revising the therapy treatment program and Plan of Treatment and integrates physical therapy treatment with other aspects of patient's health care and training needs in accordance with physician orders. Participates in family education meetings.
- Acts as a liaison and maintains contact with patients, physician, Clinical Manager(s), other members of the healthcare team and the community in assuring effective care coordination and appropriate resources referrals.
- Reports patient's progress to the patient's physician, Clinical Manager, staff, patient and family. Submits evaluation, treatment plans, progress reports and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff. Maintains and submits documentation as required by the Company and/or facility.
- Accurately, promptly and thoroughly documents patients' care observations, interventions and evaluations. Assures that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician and physical therapist are promptly and accurately documented, submitted for physician signature and implemented.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned. Communicates information that enables collection and root cause analysis of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient’s right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interests of the patient.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting staff development/ continuing education programs. Participates in training and in-service programs for other agency staff as directed.
- Current licensure/certification in the state of practice and CPR certification required.
- A minimum of six months experience in area of practice required.
- Successful completion of any/all Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.
- Good organizational and communication skills and the ability to function with minimal supervision also required.
Keywords: Acute care, ADL, ADLs, ALF, Balance dysfunction, case management, case manager, clinical, clinic, clinical rotation, geriatric, geriatrics, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, inpatient, inpatient PT, inpatient P.T., inpatient physical therapist, inpatient therapist, licensed therapist, licensed PT, licensed P.T., licensed physical therapist, modalities, neuro, neurological, ortho, ortho PT, ortho P.T., ortho therapist, ortho physical therapist, orthopedics, orthopedic, orthopedic PT, orthopedic P.T., orthopedic physical therapist, PT, P.T., physical therapist, physical therapy, DPT, doctorate PT, doctorate P.T., doctorate physical therapist, medical, medical care, therapist, therapy Care Manager, therapy case manager, therapy case management, therapy Job, therapy Jobs, PT job, PT jobs, P.T. job, P.T. jobs, physical therapy job, physical therapy jobs, physical therapist job, physical therapist jobs, Oasis, outpatient, outpatient clinic, out patient, outpatient rehab, outpatient PT, outpatient P.T., outpatient therapist, outpatient physical therapy, outpatient physical therapist, PRN, PDM, rehab, rehab PT, rehab P.T., rehab physical therapist, rehab setting, rehabilitative, therapeutic, safe strides, safe strides PT, safe strides P.T., safe strides physical therapist, skilled visit, SNF, sports med, sports medicine, sports med therapist, sports med physical therapist, sports medical physical therapist, subacute, sub acute, post acute, therapy, travel PT, travel P.T., travel therapist, travel physical therapist, traveling PT, traveling P.T., traveling physical therapist, Girling, Girling Home Health, Girling Hospice, AmHeart Hospice, Asian American Home Health, Asian American Hospice, Girling Healthcare, Harden Home Health, Harden Hospice, Healthfield, Iowa Hospice, Missouri Home Care of Rolla, Omega Hospice, The Home Option, Girling Community Care, Odyssey, Vista Care, VistaCare, Olsten Kimberley Quality Care~MON~
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.