Provides therapy to patients based on patient need and medical direction. Provides patient/caregiver education and arranges for adaptive equipment as needed.
- Performs evaluation procedures to assess the level of disability with regard to scope of practice, goals and a plan of treatment, and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Provides a treatment program and education to restore and return maximal function to the patient. Assesses effectiveness of treatment and modifies goals / treatment methods, as needed to meet changing needs.
- Documents evaluation and treatment of each patient in compliance with department standards, medical-legal and reimbursement procedures.
- Instructs and trains other rehabilitation staff, nursing, other medical personnel and students regarding patient needs and rehabilitation services.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement, patient satisfaction initiatives/improvement, program development and marketing activities.
- Demonstrates productivity as indicated by department standard.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited physical therapy program (Required).
- Master's Degree (Preferred).
- 6 months of relevant experience (Preferred).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.