Renders physical therapy services to an assigned caseload of children at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Contributes to the advancement of Physical Therapy practice through education of staff therapists, patients/families, students and other health care providers when appropriate.
- Examination: Able to perform a complete history and systems reviews and determine appropriate tests and measures based on findings. May need assistance/supervision with performance of appropriate tests and measures that are unfamiliar
- Evaluation: Able to synthesize information independently obtained from the examination to determine clinical diagnosis for basic, uncomplicated cases. Seeks guidance for more complex issues
- Diagnosis/Prognosis: Ability to identify impairments and its impact on function and disability and develop a plan of care that integrates therapy into the lifestyle of the family. May require assistance for complex cases.
- Intervention: Provides procedural interventions with mentorship as needed. Patient education is family centered by considering family lifestyle, environment, learning needs and collaborative goal setting. Documentation is thorough, complete, timely and reflects integration of all areas of patient care with assistance as needed. Identifies the needs for adaptive equipment and orthotic resources.
- Maintains current skills and knowledge by identifying own learning needs, both formally and informally, to practice a lifestyle of life-long learning. Seeks opportunity for clinical growth and development within the department through mentorship.
- Attends in-services within the department and hospital as appropriate.
- Clinical Education
- Assists with student program by having observational and lab experiences with affiliating students. May act as a backup supervisor to a student on affiliation. Gains APTA credentialed CI status. May serve as a primary credentialed CI to affiliating student.
- Contributes to the continuing education endeavors within the department and hospital.
- Seeks opportunities to share knowledge via presentations, interdisciplinary rounds or participation in staff in-services.