The Physical Therapist II Per Diem evaluates, plans and administers treatment to clients aimed at facilitating the highest level of independence and recovery. They collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team, the patient/family and community liaisons to assure that therapy needs are addressed in order to improve outcomes and enhance patient satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reports the patients progress to the staff, client, and family.
- Participates in case conferences and team rounds as appropriate to case load and assignment. Submits timely and accurate evaluations, treatment plans, and discharge reports that summarize evaluation findings and establish measurable treatment objectives.
- Maintains all required documentation for each patient to allow communication with physicians and third-party payers.
- Documents continuous reassessment of the patient’s status throughout treatment.
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary healthcare team and community agencies to provide education, resources and referrals.
- Provides supervision to assigned staff, students or volunteers.
- Acts as a resource to professional and support staff.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability and strong clinical skills.
- Interest in assisting with staff education and program development.
- Schedule and weekend commitment to be discussed with Rehab Manager.