- Works under the direct supervision of the Team Coordinator and/or Clinical Specialist, and leadership of the Rehab Therapy Services Team Leader and/or Inpatient or Outpatient Manager;
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients;
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function;
- Workd collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes;
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care;
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy foundation and theory, evaluation and treatment techniques, research and application, leadership and management as required by the academic program.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Annual completion of required departmental and/or service competency learning packages.
- Ability to use highly developed age specific communication and interpersonal skills in interactions with patients and families, coworkers and the entire health care team.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and summarize data for effective clinical decision making in patient evaluation and treatment.
- Ability to apply knowledge and theory in clinical practice.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.