- Develops treatment plans and establishes measurable goals for patients. Implements treatment plan utilizing treatment procedures, modalities, exercise programs, and manual techniques.
- Instructs patients, families, and other caregivers in therapies and activities to improve the patient's level of function, facilitate discharge, and maximize carryover of home instructions.
- Coordinates care with physicians, nurses, case managers, and other interdisciplinary team members. Coordinates with healthcare providers and others outside of the hospital when needed.
- Documents submission of attendance/charging records;
- Participates in educational opportunities and self-directed learning. Participates in clinical education program for PT and/or PTA students.
- Participates in committees, special projects, performance improvement (PI) activities, and presentations to community, including occasional participation in events outside of work hours.
- Graduation from accredited physical therapy school or education approved by NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- One year experience preferred with patient populations specific to the position. e.g.: acute adult inpatient, adult outpatient, pediatric, etc.
- Valid NJ License.