Assists patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures. Determines patient's capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician's diagnosis. At this level incumbent is expected to function independently. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Observe all health and safety requirements. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
You would be responsible for:
Assisting patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries.
Treating patients using standard physical therapy procedures.
Determining patients capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician's diagnosis.
1) Identifies, evaluates, treats and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient, homecare and contract basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
2) Evaluates all assigned patients, develops plan of treatment, provides assessment and assists in discharge planning as appropriate for each discipline. Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports
4) Provides information and consultation to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management.
5) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments.
6) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in evaluation, treatment and counseling.
7) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the department standards.
8) Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
9) Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
10) Conveys information obtained from continuing education programs to physical therapy staff by developing and conducting in-service training programs.
11) Assists with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns.