- Interprets physician referrals and completes musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, and/or integumentary evaluations utilizing appropriate methods.
- Establishes a plan of care and implements individual treatment based on evaluation results and functional goals.
- Monitors and evaluates outcomes and appropriately adjusts the individualized treatment plan based on the patient's response to treatment and provides status updates to physicians. Identifies factors affecting patient's physical and psychosocial comfort and attends to these needs.
- Plans for and completes patient discharge including providing written home programs, patient/family teaching, referral for community services, and ordering equipment.
- Completes all required documentation following department policy, including patient progress notes, team conference reports, and discharge summaries as appropriate, to record patient care and progress of each patient assigned as well as daily statistics, billing, and scheduling. Applies insurance guidelines regarding authorization and number of visits.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organization, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).