- Performs direct physical therapy services to patients in accordance with generally accepted physical therapy standards, State of Maryland Physical Therapy Practice Act, code of ethics, and departmental procedures.
- Records patient evaluations, re-evaluations and care provided in the medical record, in accordance with departmental documentation standards.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and suggests areas for improvement to colleagues in a tactful and considerate manner. Proposes performance improvement topics and alternate treatment techniques to improve physical therapy services.
- Assumes responsibility to resolve or report clinical and operational issues to department leadership for resolution, in order to assure high quality care, and efficient departmental operations.
- Demonstrates interdisciplinary, safe, patient-centered care and delivers excellent customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree, required; Master’s Degree, preferred. One (1) year of related experience, preferred. Current licensed Physical Therapist in the state of Maryland, required. Current ACLS or BCLS certification, required.
- The employee in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the age of the patients served. He/she must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status, to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the necessary care as described in the department’s policies and procedures.