The primary purpose of your job is to plan, organize, develop, and administer physical therapy services in accordance with current applicable Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations and established policies and procedures as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality care and safety can be maintained.
- Evaluates each patient, establishes treatment plan and goals in cooperation with referring physician and patient.
- Directly administers this treatment to patient or supervises treatments by department personnel.
- Reviews department policies, procedures, manuals, job descriptions, etc., at least annually.
- Maintains treatment records, progress notes and statistics as required.
- Represents the facility and participates in meetings as directed.
- Ensures Rehab receptionist receives charges for physical therapy rendered to patients.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars, etc. to keep abreast of current changes in the health care field as well as to maintain professional status.
- Able to evaluate and treat all age groups include pediatrics, adolescents, adult and geriatrics.
- Assumes supervision responsibilities of Physical Therapy Manager as delegated by Physical Therapy Manager.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and patient rights at all times.
- Is alert for patient safety at all times.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak clearly and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely fashion.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with staff, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel and the general public.