Provides skilled therapeutic interventions to patients of CMHP through the use of their educational skill. This may involve outpatients, inpatients, pediatrics and in off-site locations. Services the patients of CMHP as a part of the entire continuum of professional care that CMHP delivers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, plans, and implements Physical Therapy services for patient per standards of practice of the profession, laws governing practice by the State of Ohio, and facility and department policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the patient, family, and treatment team to maximize functional outcomes for the patient.
- Obtains and interprets prescriptions/orders for services with physician/referral source as required.
- Assesses and evaluates patients using appropriate non-standardized and standardized tests.
- Ensures completion of patient pre-certification/authorization requirements as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge in growth and development necessary for evaluation of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients (pediatric as required by site).
- Develops individualized treatment program consistent with patient’s age, diagnosis, functional status, and personal goals.
- Ensure the patient and/or family are included in development of attainable goals.
- Selects and administers appropriate techniques, modalities, and interventions to maximize outcomes.
- Monitors patient’s response to treatment and modifies the plan as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge in growth and development necessary for treatment of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. (pediatric as required by site) Locations for treatment and evaluation include the hospital/clinic and settings in the community.
Education & Requirements:
- Minimum Education: 4yr Bachelor’s Degree Physical Therapy
- Graduate of accredited program in Physical Therapy with minimum of Bachelor’s degree.