- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of diagnoses/conditions seen in physical therapy.
- Selects, performs, and interprets the results of PT examinations of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and pulmonary systems.
- Accurately performs and interprets standardized evaluations appropriate for the patient.
- Identifies actual or potential problems that would impact the PT treatment plan as well as the overall patient plan of care.
- Establishes specific treatment goals based on the results of the initial assessment.
- Designs the treatment plan appropriate for the patient's age, educational level, and cultural background.
- Designs a plan of intervention that is coordinated and integrated with other services.
- Revises the treatment plan as indicated.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited program.
- Experience: No previous experience required.