The Physical Therapist will be providing evaluative and rehabilitative services and procedures when ordered by the attending surgeon/physician. Patient populations may include, but not be limited to, non-operative management and post-operative care to the spine and extremities.
- Develops and implements pre-operative and post-operative rehabilitation exercise protocols and therapy interventions for individuals based upon existing Physician protocol for the operative procedure performed or non-operative management of the pathology.
- Documents all treatment procedures and exercise, in addition to the patients’’ current status and changes in status in EMR.
Recognizes changes in patient status and reports to the nursing staff and referring Physician. Communicates with Physicians and nursing staff regarding the clinical and functional status of the patient.
- Communicates with patients regarding status and prognosis in rehabilitation relative to the pathology that the patient is recovering from and the rehabilitative goals set forth by the patient. Educates the patient on the injury, disability, or impairment they are recovering from.
- Bachelor's degree in Science required; Master's degree in Physical Therapy preferred.
- Licensed to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Indiana required.
- 1-2 years of Physical Therapy experience preferred.