- Under supervision of a senior therapist initiates and/or completes patient assessment following time frames established in departmental guidelines to determine treatment required and completes documentation as observed by supervisor or during chart review.
- Under supervision of a senior therapist performs thorough assessment of patient's functional conditions to set plan of treatment with appropriate short and long-term goals.
- Updates patient's progress and goals as evidenced by appropriate documentation.
- Documents charges with each initial evaluation and daily treatment as appropriate and as observed by supervisor and other department personnel.
- Completes Outcome Measure scores for admission goal setting and discharge within departmental policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Under supervision of a senior therapist modifies treatment approach based on patient's reaction to it and reassesses outcome as observed by supervisor.
- Fits trains and educates patients in use of assistive devices DME/adaptive equipment and ensures that all equipment is ordered received and measured to fit each patient as observed by supervisor and as documented in the chart.
- Current Florida State PT License.
- CPR Certification.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program in accordance with state licensing requirements. Taken or is willing to take postgraduate education
- Entry level. Successful completion of undergraduate internships/education.