- Current Colorado state license for Physical Therapy.
- BLS certification required by the end of conditional period.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment and to provide hands-on assessment, assistance, and exercise for patient care.
- The ability to accurately use and maintain therapeutic equipment.
- Visual acuity necessary to read dials on equipment and receive visual feedback regarding patient status.
- Aided hearing acuity to receive information from patients.
- Ability to walk and perform exercises with patients approximately 6/8 or 8/10 hours a day and able to get on and off the floor, lift weights off the floor.
- Ability to effectively counsel patients and their families.
- Evaluative skills: Selects appropriate tests and measures to determine goals and problems, course of treatment and appropriate therapeutic procedures/modalities.
- Selects and establishes physical therapy diagnosis.
- Planning skills: Formulates and maintains an individualized patient plan of care based on functional long and short term goals.
- Implementation skills: Provides treatment using appropriate tools and demonstrates a complete knowledge of patient management.
- Assessment skills: Evaluates patient response to treatment and revises plan of care as indicated.
- Promotes effective communication and teamwork with team members, the hospital and other contacts.
- Reports and documents evaluations, plans, treatment techniques, assessment, and patient progress.
- Initiates and is responsible for problem solving and decision making with relation to patient care.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace.