Responsibilities & Duties:
- Selects evaluation and treatment methods appropriate to the diagnosis, age group and patients physical and emotional status and formulates appropriate treatment plans.
- Chooses appropriate evaluation tests/tools relevant to diagnosis and reason for referral as evidenced by chart review.
- Administers appropriate tools/tests, as indicated. Interprets data accurately based on feedback from treatment team.
- Develop goals and treatment plans that reflect the evaluation findings and are prioritized based on input from patient, family and team.
- Formulates comprehensive treatment plans to improve functional status of patient and address reason for referral as evidenced by chart review.
- Demonstrates essential skill competencies in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols.
- Performs re-evaluations according to department guidelines, adjusting the treatment plan accordingly.
- B.S. in Physical Therapy required.
- Licensed Physical Therapist in Michigan required.
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider Certification by 60 days after hire required.
- One year experience in applicable setting preferred.