At Houston Methodist, the Physical Therapist II (PT II) position is responsible position is responsible for evaluating and developing the therapy plan of care for a broad range of diagnoses and acuities. This position may specialize in care for certain complex patient types, through advanced training and education.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to teamwork, consistently offering assistance, and responding positively to requests for assistance. Collaborates to foster healthy relationships in the work environment. Offers guidance to interprofessional health care team, when appropriate, and applies feedback to improve patient outcomes.
- Uses therapeutic communication, which includes active listening and teaching, to establish a relationship with patients, families and interprofessional health care team to collaborate on the plan of care. Partners with members of the interprofessional care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner.
- Teaches and provides guidance to nursing, and support staff. Orients new team members and assists with precepting students in clinical rotations and clinical fellows. Uses peer-to-peer accountability towards improvement of department score for employee engagement.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Texas Physical Therapist licensure or eligible for temporary Texas Physical Therapy license with the Texas Board of Examiners- must obtain licensure within 90 days of employment. Compact license acceptable according to current ECPTOTE requirements.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS).