The Licensed Physical Therapist is responsible for the overall delivery of physical therapy services and is accountable for the effectiveness of services. The LPT provides supervision to the PTA and works collaboratively during the delivery of services. The LPT is responsible for performing patient evaluations, developing interventions and establishing individualized plan of care with input from patient and family.
- Masters Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited PT program.
- North Carolina Physical Therapy License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification upon hire.
- Knowledge of contemporary and evidence-based PT practice.
- Outpatient and acute experience required.
- Ability to interpret clinician prescriptions and referrals.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with patients, families, caregivers, and other health care professions to facilitate the multidisciplinary treatment process.
- Skill in utilizing appropriate screening and evaluation techniques required to appropriately provide direct patient care.
- This position is for a hospital based Outpatient Clinic therapist; some limited acute care coverage will be required.
- Full time position with benefits.
- 40 hours per week.
- Day Shift.
- Weekend call/rotation.
- Provide services for both Vidant Bertie Hospital (Windsor) and Vidant Chowan Hospital (Edenton).
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.