The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Miami is currently seeking a full time Physical Therapist Resident to work in Miami, FL. The Physical Therapist Resident assesses, plans, organizes, and participates in rehabilitative programs that assist patients and clients to improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and improve disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, prepares, or carries out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Performs and documents initial examinations and evaluates data to identify problems and reach a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Records prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patients’ charts or appropriate database.
- Reviews physicians’ referrals and patients’ medical records to help determine appropriate diagnosis and physical therapy treatment.
- Instructs patients and families on how to continue treatment procedures at home.
- Confers with the patients, medical practitioners, and other stakeholders to plan, implement, and assess intervention programs.
- Administers manual exercise, massage or traction to help relieve pain, increase patient strength, and decrease or prevent deformity or crippling.
- Provides educational information about physical therapy, injury prevention, ergonomics, and ways to promote health.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- Certification in relevant specialty or field.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.