- Screen, assess, and evaluate students using appropriate tests and assessment instruments.
- Plan and provide appropriate specialized physical therapy techniques through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational needs of the student consistent with physical therapy goals contained in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Participate in multi-disciplinary meetings to develop IEPs.
- Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of therapy services.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom-based activities.
- Collaborate with parents in the physical therapy program of their child.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required in accordance with federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and school policy to include documentation for the need for equipment and materials.
- Valid state license as a Physical Therapist.
- Child Abuse, Federal, and State Clearances.