- Performs age appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care
- Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness
- Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family
- Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment
- Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s)
- Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family
- Sets appropriate, measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences
- Determines plan for care, and/or appropriate therapeutic interventions to achieve stated goals
- Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy upon hire required or;
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy upon hire required or;
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy upon hire required.
- Two (2) years prior experience preferred.