- Bachelor's Degree completion of a Physical Therapy program required or;
- Master's Degree Physical Therapy upon hire required or Other Doctorate Physical Therapy upon hire required;
- 2 years prior experience preferred.
- Performs age-appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care;
- Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness;
- Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family;
- Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment;
- Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s);
- Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family;
- Sets appropriate, measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences;
- Determines plan for care, and/or appropriate therapeutic interventions to achieve stated goals;
- Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition;
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age-appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs. Performs age-appropriate patient treatment;
- Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.