A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women’s services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children’s Hospital.
Provide physical therapy services to patients/clients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other cause; Provides prevention and wellness services, including screenings and health promotion.
1. Develop and update appropriate plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family and related to the persons age and lifestyle with measurable long and short term goals and a defined D/C plan Understand the role of physical therapy in the context of the patients age, total needs perspective and environment
2. Perform age appropriate competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient problems. Follow intervention protocols and alter plan of care appropriately. Discharge patient when goals have been met or medical necessity is no longer warrants intervention. Establish provisions and/or make recommendations
3. Consistently meet patient care productivity standard as established for job classification. Work cooperatively with supervisors and peers to contribute to the overall productivity of the team. Utilize support personnel as appropriate and available. Actively support and participate in patient coverage efforts across all divisions within the department as necessary
4. Promotes and Supports positive and professional customer service, while interacting with clients, guests and hospital personnel. Works collaboratively with all members of the interdisciplinary team, other departments and disciplines to assure patients and customer’s needs are met in a timely manner. Encourages the active participation of the patient and/or family in goal setting and patient/family training/education
5. Provides positive and constructive feedback to enhance departmental operations. Completes all necessary documentation as outlined by departmental policy and documentation review. This includes, but is not limited to, patient care charting, charge entry, completing peer chart and peer reviews, and documenting on daily schedule
6. Utilizes available information management systems to support departmental and hospital goals. This includes utilization of hospital wide e-mail, information announcements, policies, annual computer mandatories, charge entry, and accessing patient care related information. Access and use of information will meet hospital and information management guidelines
Degree in Physical Therapy
State Licensure in Physical Therapy (PT)
Graduates eligible for licensure will be considered
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0211393
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Woodlands Hospital