ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel (shorts, gowns, etc.)
- Does laundry, maintaining an ample supply of clean linens.
- Under direct supervision of and with co-signature by, records daily notes.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests.
- Helps treat patients by applying ice or heat packs, helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques as requested by PT.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential documents.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a well thought-out easily understood manner, both orally and in writing in a variety of settings and styles.
- Ability to communicate in an honest, direct and professional manner, relating well to others to build rapport and effective relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening by asking clarifying questions, identify and share relevant information and solicit feedback from others and give and receives feedback objectively.
- Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, mouse, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and present reports.