Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Primary Assistant Coach will help in running the Men's and Women's intercollegiate Volleyball program at Emerson College. The primary responsibility of this position is to attend events where recruits are participating and identify, engage and recruit qualified student-athletes who fit both the profile of Emerson and the needs of the team. The Assistant Coach will be responsible for developing student-athletes, scouting teams, breaking down game film and assisting in the organization and facilitation of practice and games.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists with all aspects of the recruitment and retention of a diverse set prospective student athletes such as prospect evaluation, prospect selection, and on campus visits
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team training and match competition.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the Emerson intercollegiate sports program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Leads, monitors, and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, assistance, and support to other assistant coaches on coaching training sessions and techniques of individual players.
- Aids in the coordination and administration of the overall program, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of coaching experience at the post-secondary level and/or professional competitive experience.
- A valid driver's license.