As a significant member of the Physical Education & Health Education team, the Program Associate I position will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of Physical Education & Health Education Curriculum districtwide by supporting teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders. This position works as a collaborative partner with the Assistant Director of Physical Education, Health Education, and Driver’s Education and serves as the Regional Health Coordinator for the Southeast Region of Michigan.
- Must possess and provide evidence of a bachelor's degree in Physical Education, Health Education or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Possess a valid Michigan Teacher Certificate in the content area.
- Strong working knowledge of Michigan Model Health curriculum.
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to details, and superior time management.
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program and core instructional materials implementation.
- Growth mindset, with commitment to ongoing learning and willingness to be flexible to meet evolving educator needs within an equity, advocacy and inclusionary framework.
- Know the organizational structure of the Detroit Public Schools and use administrative skills in coordinating programs within the school system.
- Use administrative skills to assist with monitoring school improvement plans.
- Serve on curriculum writing teams concerning physical education/health education, which includes mental/emotional, physical health, and the affective domain.
- Assist with the implementation of educational programs related to the Essential Performance Objectives in Health Education.
- Represent the district in matters of health education at city, county and state levels.
- Represent the content area on School Health Council.
- Convene the area health committee
- Coordinate all health education-related activities within assigned schools.