- Reporting to the VP of Advanced R&D, responsible for development of Sport Science strategies for accelerated athletic performance improvement. This includes foundational elements of signal processing algorithm and data analytics development that form the core of Blast Motion’s sport performance enhancement solutions.
- Operate as SME for sports performance improvement techniques, analytics, active development, and emerging trends in the Sports Science industry. This includes both competitors and potential partners. Infuse into Blast Motion business and product development with relevant information in regular reports and presentations.
- Actively synthesize new product and solutions strategies including core IP development in collaboration with the VP of Advanced R&D, business development, product development, and executive staff. Update strategy quarterly.
- Technical oversight for inertial motion and computer vision algorithm development including verification and validation as it relates to accuracy, repeatability, and processing efficiency for target product platforms.
- Subject matter expert in engagement with customers and partners in the area of Sports Science and related sport performance data analytics. This includes development and preparation of presentation and documentation to facilitate efficient engagement.
- In depth knowledge and differentiated experience in the field of human biomechanics and kinesiology as applied to sports performance, and / or medical injury prevention and recovery.
- In depth experience with inertial sensor processing and fusion to detect, filter, qualify, quantify rigid body motion with high accuracy. Gyroscopes, accelerometers, magnetometers as used in IMUs for directional orientation and navigation.
- In-depth experience with best practices for data collection and cataloging, statistical analysis and filtering, and visualization towards building algorithmic processing strategies in collaboration with biomechanists / sports scientists / medical professionals.
- In-depth experience with algorithm synthesis for inertial motion as it relasts to the human body and associated athletic movements
- Expertise in developing and overseeing execution of validation processes including hands-on operation of validation tools such as Vicon motion capture.
- Experience with digital signal processing of multi-dimensional / spacial inputs.
- Hands on expertise with MatLab and Python based development environments.