The Recreation division of the Parks, Recreation, and Open Spaces department of the city of Aurora is seeking Track Coaches. The Recreation division provides fun recreational programs and facilities for all ages aimed at improving the overall physical and mental health of Aurora's Citizens.
- Age: At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years or more prior teaching/coaching experience? track & field background required.
- Advanced knowledge of general track & field participant mechanics with the athletes' safety being most important.
- Ability to provide a fun and safe learning environment for participants.
- Clearly communicate daily lesson plans to subordinates assistant coaches and participants, rules, and safety procedures.
- Handle adverse situations and discipline when needed.
- Moderate physical work including the ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Standing for extended periods of time (46 hours).
- Hand eye coordination, vision to correct participant mistakes, hearing and speech to communicate with participants, families, coaches and other employees.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer.