This position leads all aspects and execution of NCAA permissible recruiting activities for the Cross Country team. The recruiting coordinator directs all matters related to recruitment strategy and implementation of the strategy into action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Cross Country program recruiting strategy and create action steps to implement strategy annually - evaluating the recruiting landscape domestically and internationally, evaluating scholarship limits and capacity.
- Lead evaluation of prospects domestically and internationally - identifying which prospects the staff should focus attention. Once identified, collaborate with coaching staff to coordinate all communication, recruiting destinations, and in-person evaluations.
- Coordinate all aspects relating to official and unofficial visits; including travel, on-campus tours and activities, scheduling, itineraries, budget management, and compliance.
- Serve as liaison to parents and families of current student-athletes.
- Assist the coaching staff and the director of operations in all other facets of cross country program management and operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Knowledge the most current NCAA rules and regulations.
- Abilities to multi-task and coordinate efforts in high stress situations.
- Skill of organization is a must.
- Ability to identify domestic high school, international U-20, and NCAA potential student athletes.