The Regional Athletics Director will guide and manage the region’s overall program of curricular, extracurricular, and intramural athletics for the district. He/she will work to provide each student with opportunities to participate in athletic activities and will ensure compliance with all school and state requirements.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as the KIPP Houston district liaison with all official associations.
- Continuously gauge the effectiveness of the athletic program and ensure that the program is responsive to student needs.
- Plan necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.
- Prepare all game schedules for all sports.
- Arrange transportation for athletic events.
- Oversee the process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all athletic equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; plus 6+ years of athletic, or other, administrative experience preferred.
- Must be considered highly-qualified based on NCLB guidelines.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Possession of a passionate and loving attitude toward all children.
- Possession of a sense of urgency to do whatever it takes to assure that every student gets to and through college.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of KIPP Houston.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.