The Regional Athletics Director will guide and manage the region’s overall program of curricular, extracurricular, and intramural athletics for the district. He/she will work to provide each student with opportunities to participate in athletic activities and will ensure compliance with all school and state requirements.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recommend new athletic policies and interpret existing policies.
- Establish academic eligibility requirement for participation in extracurricular sports and verify each athlete’s eligibility.
- Ensure that KIPP’s academic standards are reinforced through the district’s athletic programs.
- Prepare and administer the department budget and ensure that programs are cost-effective and that funds are managed prudently.
- Maintain a current inventory of all athletic equipment and recommend disposal or replacement of equipment when necessary.
- Initiate purchase orders and bids in accordance with district policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; plus 6+ years of athletic, or other, administrative experience preferred.
- Must be considered highly-qualified based on NCLB guidelines.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of KIPP Houston.
- Responsiveness; Follow-up and follow-through with students, families, and faculty members is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency using computers, printers, copy machines, and fax machines.
- Ability to travel throughout the district and the city.