- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (4+ years of experience can be substituted for degree).
- Strong personal character and values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technologically proficient, with the ability to use technology to advance the mission.
- Uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
- Develop and lead new and existing partnerships in the Greater Louisville area for program space.
- Serves as a role model and advocate of the YMCA Mission, Promise, Values and Voice.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Sports Director, this position will oversee the vision and operation of sports programs in their region and within our association.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of part time hourly staff as site supervisors, officials, and coordinators; staff teams of 15-20 part time staff per region.
- Assist in managing all fiscal responsibilities for all programs within oversight, including controlling salary and supply costs to create the most efficient programs possible.
- Responsible for making the Sports Department a financially self-sustaining operation within our association.
- Recruit, train, lead, and supervise volunteer coaches per region per season that play a vital role in the success of our youth sports programs.