Under the direction of the Executive Director of Swim, the Regional Swim Center Director is responsible for the overall direction and administration of a group of Centers with a strong operational focus on Swim, Membership and the Physical Plant, while demonstrating Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all the following key result areas:
- The incumbent must possess a bachelor's degree in physical education, recreation, business management or a related field.
- The incumbent must have a minimum three years’ experience in a Y management position, or have equivalent experience in a leadership position.
- The incumbent must possess strong leadership and management skills and experience in fiscal management, fundraising, customer service, marketing, facility management and staff supervision.
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans that support Association goals and ensure the growth and successful operation of the Swim Centers as it pertains to the Health & Wellness Product line.
- Assist in the development, implement and monitor the Swim Centers' operating budget for Health & Wellness in compliance with Y of Central Maryland guidelines. Achieve or exceed both top line (revenue) and bottom line (surplus) targets. Understand and explain any monthly variances to budget and be proactive in anticipating shortfalls and developing appropriate strategies to address them.
- Work with supervisor to pursue and develop new vehicles for growth to significantly grow revenue.
- Oversee all member and program services to ensure that the customer experience is consistent, and that member recruitment, retention and program services are effective, efficient and of the highest quality.
Function as the primary sales agent for the Swim Centers.
- Manage and maintain all Y buildings and grounds to ensure all Y properties are organized, clean and well maintained.
- Work with Director of Risk Management and Quality Assurance to ensure that we are clear with our quality expectations and that we regularly inspect and audit our programs.
- Model an intense concentration to customer orientation in all that we do to achieve customer satisfaction scores in the top 5 percent for all Y’s in the country.