- Cooperate in a timely manner, with School Athletic Office and the District Athletic Department, in regard to pertinent information that might be required periodically.
- Meet all requirements set forth by the District Board of Education (ODE), The Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), and The Ohio Department of Education relative to the required Coaches Tool Chest Trainings/Certification and ODE Pupil Activity Permit.
- Check the status of academic eligibility for all prospective student-athletes.
- Model the behavior expected of our student-athletes including timeliness to practices, being positive and enthusiastic, being respectful, and practicing constructive criticism while upholding the disciplines of the program.
- Set a positive example at all times while with student-athletes and be dressed appropriately at all practices and games.
- Maintain a suitable sideline conduct, including the use of appropriate language, at all times.
- Follow Athletic Department Policy as outlined in the Coaches Handbook and meet all criteria as outlined in the job description.
- Recognize the need to be aware of and implement all applicable administrative policies set forth by the District Board of Education, Superintendent of Schools, School Principals, Conference Leagues, and OHSAA.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Demonstrate knowledge of skills associated with this sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate desired.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college. Evidence of successful past coaching experience at the high school or college level is desired.
- Provide a satisfactory result on a County Police Records Check, State BCII Check, and FBI Fingerprint Background Check. Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupils Activity Permit. Provide completion of the Coaches Tool Chest Trainings/ Certification.