Reporting to the Executive Director of CPS Sports Administration and under the direction of the school administrator, the Athletic Director plays a critical role in overseeing the development and implementation of a comprehensive high school athletics program.
- Supervises licensed and non-licensed staff in Athletics including Assistant Athletic Directors, coaches, trainers, and support staff.
- Maintains files and records required by policy, regulation, law and good practice. (Player record cards, Aspen-eligibility, physicals, transfer paperwork, transportation requests, coaching certifications)
- Responds to requests for information. (From OSA, IHSA, FOIA, Title IX, Law Department, Colleges for recruiting, Press releases)
- Implements board policies and advises the administration on regulatory matters related to athletics.
- Assesses department needs through consultation with students, staff and parents. (Equipment, budgeting, transportation, upgrades to venues, technology)
- Evaluates the extra-curricular athletic programs and engages in long-term planning. (Adding or dropping programs or levels, Title IX requirements, additional coaches or trainers)
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university; Master's degree and/or general administrative endorsement preferred.
- NIAAA Certified Athletic Administrator.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sports program administration and/or interscholastic sports.
- Supervisory experience preferred.