Assists the Head Coach with the organization and administration of all aspects of the sport program, including coaching and training, student-athlete retention, advising, mentoring and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts, safety, and sport-specific skills on both an individual and team basis
- Identify and recruit talented and qualified prospective student-athletes according to the program recruiting plan.
- Teach, advise and mentor student-athletes on life-skills.
- Create sport-specific practice and game/meet plans, analyze film and facilitate team meetings.
- Assist with monitoring and supporting academic progress of student-athletes/teams to exceed athletic department standards.
- Assist with maintaining acceptable student-athlete retention rates to the team and/or institution.
- Assist with budget management, fundraising, travel planning and program organization.
- Assist with Alumni/parent communication and involvement, including organizing events as appropriate.
- Knowledge and adherence to the MIAC Code of Ethics.
- Follow MIAC and NCAA Division III guidelines and regulations, while exhibiting behavior that represents a positive image of the athletic program and the college.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of playing/coaching experience required, recruiting experience preferred.
- Integrity and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Augsburg University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status or public assistance status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.