The Coach fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by developing, initiating, and administering the program in a particular sport which adequately prepares the student athlete for interscholastic competition. The Coach is recommended to the principal by the athletic director, hired by the principal, and evaluated in consultation with the athletic director.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Supports and adheres to the Religious Standards for Catholic School Employees and policies and procedures of the school and Archdiocese.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience. Previous coaching and/or playing experience.
- Valid driver license.
- Valid vehicle insurance.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training, or the ability to obtain such upon hiring.