The Second Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing and conducting practices; and performing other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director. Assistance and awareness of the academic success of student athletes is a priority for all coaches.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record with fewer than three points.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required.
- Demonstrated expertise in sports strategies that allow excellence in coaching and instruction in practice and contests while serving as a positive example of a leader and role model.
- Prior experience with recruiting efforts and student-athlete retention.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Prior experience and participation in development, fundraising and corporate sponsorship efforts.
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices.