The Second Assistant Coach plays a critical role in achieving the overall goals of the softball program by providing important recommendations, suggestions and decisions regarding game strategies, line-ups, priority listing of recruits, etc. as well as offering initiative and independent judgment (e.g., in providing coaching instruction, evaluating and communicating with prospective recruits and their parents, and representing the baseball program to constituents).
- 2-3 years experience playing and/or coaching softball at the high school or collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of softball skills and strategies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit effectively with no athletic grants and highly selective admissions standards.
- Valid US driver’s license.