This individual needs to possess the expertise in their respective sport and exhibit excellence in coaching and instruction in practice and contests while serving as a positive example of a leader and role model. The Second Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with organizing and conducting practices; and performing other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director. Assistance and awareness of the academic success of student athletes is a priority for all coaches.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record with fewer than three points.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required.
- Demonstrated expertise in sports strategies that allow excellence in coaching and instruction in practice and contests while serving as a positive example of a leader and role model.
- Prior experience with recruiting efforts and student-athlete retention.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Prior experience and participation in development, fundraising and corporate sponsorship efforts.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience; combined of active game situation coaching at the high school, club/select, or collegiate level and multiple years of professional playing/coaching experience.