Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Secondary Assistant Coach will help in running the Men's and Women's Cross-Country intercollegiate sports program at Emerson College. The primary responsibility of this position is to attend events where recruits are participating and identify, engage and recruit qualified student-athletes who fit both the profile of Emerson and the needs of the team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists with all aspects of the recruitment and retention of a diverse set prospective student athletes such as prospect evaluation, prospect selection, and on campus visits
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team training and match competition.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the Emerson intercollegiate sports program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Leads, monitors, and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, assistance, and support to other assistant coaches on coaching training sessions and techniques of individual players.
- Aids in the coordination and administration of the overall program, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 0 - 2 years of coaching experience at the post-secondary level, professional competitive experience or college playing experience required.
- A valid driver's license.