Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Secondary Assistant Coach will help in running the intercollegiate Men's Basketball program at Emerson College. The Assistant Coach will be responsible for developing student-athletes, scouting teams, breaking down game film and assisting in the organization and facilitation of practice and games.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team training and match competition.
- Assist in monitoring, and coordinating training and practice sessions.
- Ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, assistance, and support to other assistant coaches on coaching training sessions and techniques of individual players.
- Aids in the coordination and administration of the overall program, as required.
- Represents the Emerson College and the athletic department to various institutional programs and externally to the media, students, parents, and the general public.
- Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop players technical ability and team tactical solutions.
- Analyze the performance of our team, individual players and our opponents.
- Provide leadership and instruction to improve the team and the individual player.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 0 - 2 years of coaching experience at the post-secondary level, professional competitive experience or college playing experience required.
- A valid driver's license.