The classroom teacher will lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential by translating the district curriculum standards and objectives into meaningful learning experiences through classroom instruction and indirectly through special area assignments.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree.
- AZ Teaching Certificate.
- AZ IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Appropriately Certified.
Core Job Functions:
- Communicates learning goals to students in a well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise language.
- Prepare and deliver instruction appropriate to the student population including curriculum that addresses learning styles, abilities, interests, behavior problems and student with special needs.
- Create lesson plans describing daily learning experiences correlated with approved curriculum and State and District standards.
- Use available technology to enhance learning.
- Use district and state assessment data to improve instruction and place students in appropriate instructional and intervention programs.
- Facilitate instruction based on current research-based best practices.
- Effectively implement Individual Education Plans.
- Establish classroom routines to promote a positive environment conducive to effective instruction.
- Participate in team reviews concerning academic progress of low performing students.
- Document and resolve issues related to student behavior problems and attendance.