Creating a flexible program based on subject matter taught, and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establishing effective rapport with pupils; motivating pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for preparation for college, vocational school or acquiring employment, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; and establishing good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Teaches physical education (Physical Fitness, Health Education, etc.) to pupils in a classroom, using the course of study adopted by the Oklahoma State Department of Education and Oklahoma City’s Board of Education and any other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil with the identified objectives.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Utilizes grading patterns that are fairly administered and based on identified criteria.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom. Treat pupils with respect and dignity.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Bachelor’s in education or a related field.
- Oklahoma Teaching Certification in Secondary Education in subjects listed below or subjects or Alternative Teaching Certification as approved by Oklahoma State Department of Education.
- Health; Physical Education/Health/Safety; Biological Sciences; Biology; Anatomy and Physiology.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the community.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others, demonstrate self-discipline and initiative, follow state and district guidelines.