- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must hold an appropriate and current Missouri Teaching Certificate for grades 9-12 Physical Education and Health
- Three years classroom teaching experience.
- Must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the Board of Education.
- Excellent organizational skills, oral and written skills, time management, and computer skills.
- Directly responsible to the principal of his/her building.
- Expected to develop lesson plans and instructional materials as a part of a planned learning experience to motivate students.
- Responsible for organizing his/her classroom in a manner to assure optimal teaching and learning.
- Responsible for establishing all reasonable classroom rules and regulations for the conduct of the students.
- Responsible for the discipline of students, but shall consult with the Principal, when needed.
- Expected to monitor student performance in a variety of ways: oral, written, and other forms of informal and formal assessments.
- Expected to manage instructional time effectively and maintain a high level of student time-on-task.