ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Assigns lesson and corrects homework.
- Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Keeps an attendance record.
- Maintains discipline in classroom.
- Meets with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Education from four-year college or university.
- Missouri State Certification in Physical Education (K-12) and Health (K-12).
- Demonstrated experience and/or training in current techniques and skills in teaching secondary level students.
- Teaching experience in urban schools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.